Become a member
Do you want to support community-level climate action in Edinburgh? We need you! You can be an individual or any kind of group. You only have to want a just, thriving and resilient future for our city.
Whether you are an individual, a community-led group or a different kind of organisation, you are welcome to become an ECCAN member. You only have to be interested in community-led action on climate change in Edinburgh.
To make sure the network is fully community-owned, but also provides as many useful connections as possible, we are looking for two kinds of ECCAN member:
Community members: these are individuals or community groups based in Edinburgh, who want to contribute to a just, thriving and resilient city.
Supporter members: these are groups or organisations that are not community groups as defined above, but want to support communities in Edinburgh, to create a just, thriving and resilient Edinburgh.
Community and supporter members will all benefit from:
- Voting at Annual or Special Member Meetings, including the election of Trustees
- Participating in the allocation of the Seedfunding Grants.
- Potential access to grant funding for eligible organisations
- Accessing to funding such as the Community Learning Exchange
- Accessing to the network, communications, resources training and events
- Discounts for specific training and events
- Getting Support and advice on Climate Change
- Being showcased in our members map and directory, if desired
- Accessing peer to peer networking opportunities
- Being included on the ECCAN online directory
- Being included on the ECCAN map of climate action in Edinburgh
Community members will also take the lead in decision-making about the Network and in designing Edinburgh’s Community Climate Hub. For more details, and key definitions, see the ECCAN Founding Agreement and the Mission Statement.