Open workshop led by George Marshall, founder of Climate Outreach, Europe’s leading specialist in public engagement on climate change
George Marshall is an advisor to the World Bank, UNFCCC and has designed climate communications strategies for Wales, Canada, Colombia and India.
Online 2.00pm – 4.30pm Thursday 7 April. Book via https://communicatingclimatechange.eventbrite.co.uk + Share https://facebook.com/events/797809781593054
A fast-moving, interactive and fun workshop, with plenty of opportunity to ask questions and discuss ideas in small groups. Participants will:
- Share findings from research and practical experience
- Reflect on what makes effective public engagement
- Review effective comms for reaching new audiences
- Explore messaging around personal behaviour change.
- Carbon Detox (Hamlyn Gaia 2007 ) on personal lifestyle change and carbon counting, and
- Don’t Even Think About It: Why Our Brains are Wired to Ignore Climate Change (Bloomsbury 2016) on the psychology of climate communications – described by The Guardian as “the most important book published on climate change in recent years”.