Do you want to engage with more diverse audiences? Do you want to be more accessible as an organisation? Do you want to be more inclusive?
Come to this taster training session on Tue 24th May, 2-4pm, to learn best practices from initiatives, projects and organisations working with diverse communities. Book here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/improving-equality-diversity-inclusion-skillshare-training-workshop-tickets-299444004077?aff=ebdsoporgprofile
You will hear from:
- Shgufta Anwar, founder of Al-Meezan, about how they engage the local Muslim community on climate change.
- Anna Baran from Granton Goes Greener / Granton Parish Church / Eco Congregation, about how they engaged the local Polish and Christian communities.
- Ali, Lottie Evans and Maisie McDavid from Transition St Andrews, about their bikes for all abilities initiative.
- Sandy Winterbottom from Women Climate Action, about how they engaged with women.
- Steven McCluskey from Bikes for Refugees, about their bike redistribution project with the refugee communities.
These examples will then be followed by facilitated breakout rooms to share learning and best practice on the themes of Faith, Race, Disability & Women.
We will conclude this training with final tips and advice from Aekus Kamboj, Environment Officer for the Ethnic Minority Environmental Network / CEMVO Scotland.
The session will be held on zoom. A link will be emailed prior to the event.
We will be collecting key points into a document and encourage all participants to share resources. This is an initial taster training. This taster training will be followed by more sessions on the topic.